[mrtg] Re: H2 detect when MRTG is down on WinNT ?

Christian Terek cpt at mnsi.net
Thu Oct 28 19:33:45 MEST 1999

I know there is a utility called Servers Alive that monitors NT services.
Now it depends what you use to run MRTG, in my case I use the mrtg service
utility.  Anyway, you can set it to page or email when a servvice is down.
The rate at which it checks the services/servers can be changed.  I
personally haven't been able to get it to send an email successfully, I'm
just trying out the demo.  Also it can send messages to a syslog daemon.

Cheers

   Christian Terek
       MCSE+I