[mrtg] Re: funny graphs for NT cpu usage?

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Fri Oct 29 14:31:17 MEST 1999

> Wouldn't that make the blue line flat?  I would like the graph to look
just
> like the cisco's
>
> http://www.oct.net/mrtg/bertrand-cpu.html
>
> Any more ideas?

This has been discussed a whole bunch here. The discussion normally
revolved around the fact that the same OID was being polled for both the
IN and OUT value. You didn't include your config file in any of the
posts, so I assumed this is what you were doing. I will still assume
this. The reason the blue line isn't solid at 100% is because the poll's
are not taking the same exact amount of time each and every poll, so CPU
usage is dropping back down. Therefore giving you some 20% usage or so
on the second poll. Your just going to have to find an OID that returns
0, or write a simple script file that returns 0 as the second value or
the same value twice.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.17.1.2.3.48.58.48 is the OID you are polling,
correct?

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com