[mrtg] Compiling errors using SCO unixware 2.1.2

Mike Handley handley at lightspeedtech.net
Wed Sep 1 21:42:51 MEST 1999

Hi All,
  I am using Unixware 2.1.2 and trying to compile mrtg 2.8.8.
I've installed:
libpng 1.0.3
zlib 1.1.3
gd 1.6.1
perl 5.005_03
All these installed ok, into /usr/local/*

When I run configure, I get the following message:
# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for acos in -lm... yes
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.
   Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
   use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
   its location. You might also have to use --with-z-inc, --with-z-lib
   and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for gd versions 1.6 and higher.
   Check config.log for more information on the problem.

So I added the --with-gd-*=DIR to configure and I get the same message. The
config.log looks like this:

onfigure:541: checking for gcc
configure:654: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:670: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure:696: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler
configure:701: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:710: gcc -E conftest.c
configure:729: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:761: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:782: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:841: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:870: checking for perl
configure:913: checking for acos in -lm
configure:932: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm   1>&5
configure:1008: checking for gdImageGif in -lgd
configure:1027: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -lm -lgd -lm conftest.c -lgd   1>&5
gdImageGif                          /var/tmp/cca003cE1.o
UX:ld: ERROR: conftest: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to conftest
configure: failed program was:
#line 1016 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gdImageGif();

int main() {
gdImageGif()
; return 0; }
configure:1051: checking for gdImagePng in -lgd
configure:1070: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -lm -lgd -lm conftest.c -lgd -lpng
-lz  1>&5
pow                                 /usr/local/lib/libpng.a(pngrtran.o)
floor                               /usr/local/lib/libgd.a(gd.o)
UX:ld: ERROR: conftest: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to conftest
configure: failed program was:
#line 1059 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gdImagePng();

int main() {
gdImagePng()
; return 0; }

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

TIA
MH

Mike Handley
LightSpeed Technologies Inc.                    Mail:
handley at lightspeedtech.net
					   Phone: 570-714-5078