[mrtg] Re: MRTG and Spectrum

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Tue Sep 7 23:12:32 MEST 1999

I've tried and failed to do this. The DDM doesn't provide data in a form that
MRTG likes and the scripting required to convert a data export file from
Spectrum into MRTG readable text was judged too difficult from our side. We use
Spectrum to monitor links and use MRTG to provide reporting capability
independent of Spectrum. We figured that it polls minimal SNMP data and so
wouldn't overload any links - which it hasn't.

I also wrote a couple scripts to give a rough SS performance report (graphs
total used cpu vs idle cpu, SS cpu vs idle cpu, ArchMgr cpu vs idle cpu, free
swap space vs free memory, and the network traffic on the two interface cards).
I can send over the scripts if you think they'd be useful.

Neil