[mrtg] Re: problem with statistic values
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:13:47 MEST 1999
> I downloaded mrtg-2.8.8 and installed it completly new to monitor our new 3Com
> Comparing the created statistics with the graphics from the old mrtg version I
> used before, I noticed a problem:
> The values
> - avarage in / out
> - max in / out
> in all 4 graphics were not correctly updated and "loose" old values.
> Past week our 1 GBIT Layer 3 switch had a max out value of 1000K,
> reported on wednesday.
> Today (monday) the max out value of the past week displays only 160K. Also the
> month and year graphics doesn't mention the 1000K value anymore.
> This mysterius effect does happen on all monitored devices and all graphics.
> Any ideas?
Unless the traffic is a flat line at the higher value, I would expect the
kind of thing you report.
Don't forget, the top graph is five-minute averages, the next one down
is thirty-minute averages of the five-minute averages, and so on.
Turn on the WithPeak option to see what the biggest five-minute average was
in the thirty-minute average.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg