[mrtg] Re: CiscoPro CPA2511

Stieers, Ken KStieers at dainrauscher.com
Fri Sep 17 14:09:32 MEST 1999

Its actually very simple:

at the command line run ' perl cfgmaker --vendor <community>@<routerip> >
router.cfg'

where <community> is the community string set in the SNMP parameters of the
router and <routerip> is the ip address or host name of the router.

(note the --vendor switch is just that, --vendor, NOT --Cisco)

You'll need to make sure that SNMP is configured on the router before you do
this of course.  Check your Cisco docs for how to do this.

This will create a cfg file that you can pass to MRTG.

HTH,

Ken