[mrtg] mrtg 2.8.12 on Solaris 2.6 problem

Tim Gray gray at orbitcommerce.com
Mon Apr 17 07:34:01 MEST 2000

Hi,
I am running mrtg 2.8.12 on Solaris 2.6 with Perl version 5.005_03.
I am getting a core dump every time I attempt to run the "cfgmaker" utility
and also when I run "mrtg mrtg.cfg".

If I run cfgmaker public at ip_address_of_my_router, it will display the text
for the config file then core dump.

I am new to mrtg, just having installed it tonight, but I cannot find the
problem after hours of searching. I have also gotten the same behavior with
version 2.8.11. This leads me to believe that it is looking for  a library
but can't find it or something similar.....

Any advice?
Thanks
Tim Gray
gray at orbitcommerce.com