[mrtg] monitoring just one building on FDDI

listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Wed Aug 23 16:38:49 MEST 2000

Greetings.  I've got a major deliema (sp but who cares).  We have a number
of FDDI rings here at PittState (yes, we are trying to get rid of the
damned things).  On those rings are 3-6 buildings.  I want to monitor the
I/O for each building separately so we can find our high usage locations
and redesign our network appropriately.  The problem I recently
encountered is that when I monitor the FDDI port on our entry devices, I
get the same stats.  I'm getting the I/O stats for what's passing through
the ring and for what that specific building is adding to it.

http://atmp7.pittstate.edu/stats/kr-serial0.shtml
(Bowens, Trout, Tanner are on one. Horace & Hughes are what I have done of
another)

Does anyone have any ideas have to get around this?  I just started here
at PittState and have found that with the exception of our border router,
this place is entirely Cabletron.  I hear they make good stuff but I
really haven't worked with them yet.  I've been looking for maybe a
virtual port that I actually contains the stats I need but I haven't yet
found one.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

Justin Shore