[mrtg] Got it... mostly (still problems with temp)

Matthew S. Krawitz matthewk at nationalairlines.com
Sun Aug 27 00:42:18 MEST 2000

I'm using pre23 now...  and I've got 99% of what I want to monitor...
monitored!

I'm still having a great deal of trouble getting temp readings to
work...  and when it work...  it's really random!

I have several Cisco 7206 routers.  I'm using the same config for all of
them to try to get temperature.

sometimes...  it just works (and when it does work...  it's pretty
stable also)...

sometimes only one temp is read (I'm measuring inflow and outflow
temps)...  so one line remains flat, while the other is accurate...

sometimes...  I get readings off the chart.

I have the same version of IOS on all of these devices...  and I'm using
the same build of mrtg to work with all of them.

One thing I've found is that attempting to do a Fahrenheit conversion
(from Celsius) ads to the "randomness".

Could mrtg pre23 still have some parsing problems?

I'm enclosing two of my temp scripts...  one works...  the other
doesn't.  For all appearances... they are the same.  :(

--
Matthew S. Krawitz <mailto:matthewk at nationalairlines.com>
Director Information Systems Operations

  (702) 944-2934 - voice