[mrtg] Re: rrds not up dating with 2.9.0pre23

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Mon Aug 28 14:29:14 MEST 2000

Ted Frohling wrote:
> I downloaded 2.9.0pre23 and had been using 2.8.12 with the rrdtool
> backend.
> I changed my config files to reflect the change from userrdtool to
> logformat: rrdtool.
>
> After some testing, I noticed that my old rrd files were not being
> updated.  Do
> I have to dump my old files and have the new version create new rrd
> files and then
> load the new rrds with the old xml data?

I don't think that should be neccesary, but maybe it would helt you
to turn on some debugging in mrtg (ie. base). One possibility is that
MRTG does indeed update the RRDs, but not the RRDs you want. I had
some similiar problems in migrating from 2.8.12 to pre21, as some of
the logic had changed slightly (I don't remember exactly what caused
the problem).

Just my 0.01 cents...

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway