[mrtg] Re: Capture Log

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Sun Dec 3 10:11:24 MET 2000

RTFM.

hmmm.....did you bother to look anywhere for your own answer?

Let's see - Theoretically, I am a newbie (brand-spankin'-new) to a program.

The program has a homepage.

I would probably look for answers to my questions starting at the homepage.

So, let's say I wanted to know the logfile format for mrtg.

I go to http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html

I scroll down the page.

I see the following:
	MRTG Logfile Format (29 Nov 2000)
        Some people want to use the data stored in the mrtg log files with
        programs of their own. Learn about the format of the MRTG log files.

Hmmm.....that link would probably answer myy question.

Wow, look what happens when I RTMFM.

:)

Ng Chee Hoong extolled:

> Hi ;
>     My name is Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong, and I'm newbie in MRTG.
>      I recently installed MRTG-2.9.4 into Linux system . It's working
> fine . But I don't understand why the value stored in the log file is
> not as same as value displayed on the graph . For example , the value of
> incoming packets for the particular router's serial interface was :
> MaxIn(174Kbps) , Ave(20.9Kbps), Current(400bps) . But value in the log
> file was :  48 4880 48 4880 . Why are they different ?
>    Can somebody explain to me how to read the value in the log file ?
>

> --

Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net
Network Engineering