[mrtg] accuracy of traffic calculations.

Yegor Korzh ek at itprojects.net
Sun Dec 10 16:01:43 MET 2000

Hello,

	I use mrtg for a long time to monitor traffic rates on interfaces
in my network and there was no any troubles. But now I have some questions
regarding traffic rate calculations.
	After upgrading MRTG to 2.9.4 version I noticed that mrtg shows on
some interfaces traffic rates higer that it can be.
 	For example, I have some troubles with monitoring traffic rate
for frame-relay link on Cisco 7206VXR router, this link has 256Kbit CIR
and EIR so traffic can't be higher than 256Kbit.
	MRTG says that traffic rates are much higher (sometimes up to
400Kbit) but router with 'sho int' command shows me 256Kbit utilization
(30 second load-interval).
	With old versions of MRTG there was no any troubles and it said
truly rates as cicso did.

	What can you advise me ? I don't want to fall back to 2.8.x
versions. Thanks.

__
  WBR, Yegor Korzh
       +380 (44) 205-4004