[mrtg] Re: MRTG 2.8.11 and UCD-SNMP 4.1pre2?

Niels Baggesen Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk
Thu Feb 3 08:27:04 MET 2000

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 16:55:35 -0500, Aaron Smith wrote:
> 	I've been using MRTG (version 2.8.11) with cmu-snmp
> for quite some time now.  UCD-SNMP has a bit more functionality
> in it than CMU, so I'm working on migrating everything over to
> the new UCD agent.  I am able to do snmpgets and snmpwalks on all
> the snmp OID's that I wish to monitor with MRTG.  However, when
> I tell MRTG to begin polling this new SNMP agent, it runs ok, but
> comes back with values of zero for everything.  snmpget provides
> the correct values (.44 for cpuload for example), but MRTG seems to
> be having trouble.  Is the version of MRTG I'm running compatible
> with this version of UCD-SNMP?

MRTG is certainly best at large numbers (and INTEGERS). Did you do
anything to make that load value and int? (such as *100)
Also, did you give it option gauge?

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk - Tel: +45 8937 6669 - Fax: +45 8937 6677