[mrtg] Re: Threshold examples

Miller Anthony (RBAU/ISY) Anthony.Miller at au.bosch.com
Mon Feb 7 00:51:28 MET 2000

Justin

Try this....I am using 2.8.3 on an NT box which calls a batch file that runs
MAPISEND
(a command line email util) which fires an email out if the threshold has
been met

ThreshMaxO[x.x.x.x]: 6000
ThreshProgO[x.x.x.x]: c:\mrtg-2.8.3\run\ThreshOverWA.bat
ThreshMaxI[x.x.x.x]: 6000
ThreshProgI[x.x.x.x]: c:\mrtg-2.8.3\run\ThreshOverWA.bat

ThreshOverWA.bat looks like this

c:\mrtg-2.8.3\run\mapisend.exe -u SENDMAIL -p xxxxxxxx -r "Miller Anthony
(RBAU/ISY)" -s "Western Australia PVC has exceeded 48K CIR" -m "Click here
to see graph   file:\\xxxx\mrtg\x.x.x.x.html"

This email tells me which PVC has been met, then places a shortcut to the
graph in the email so
you can jump straight to it to see. This monitors both In and Out OIDS.
Attached is MapiSend

see how you go

regards
Anthony Miller
Network Engineer
Information Systems Department
Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
1555 Centre Road, Clayton, Victoria, Australia, 3168
Tel. : +61 3 9541 7824          Fax : +61 3 9541 5284
E-mail : anthony.miller at au.bosch.com