[mrtg] Re: YMax

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Sun Feb 13 07:00:26 MET 2000

At 11:35 PM -0600 2/12/00, Albert Wiersch wrote:
>Hi Justin,
>
>I do not know Toby but I hope he can implement this is a feature such as
>YMax or something like that. Toby, are you listening? :-)

Toby would be the man, or one of the men, when it comes to MRTG since
it was written by him (I think I have that straight--I'll hear about
if its not).

>I decided to use ORBS because it seems to block a lot of SPAM...
>Unfortunately too many people do not secure their email servers so it blocks
>some non-SPAM mail as well. I wish everyone would use it so that it would
>for force people to secure their servers. That should greatly decrease SPAM.

 From looking into it further, apparently a host on our LAN was an
open-relay.  Rather than banning that host, ORBS apparently banned
our campus mailer.  Brilliant move.  Its things like ORBS brilliance
that keeps people from moving to SPAM filtering solution that aren't
home grown or their own devising.  At least that way they could
control their access list themselves.  I e-mailed one our sysadmins;
he hadn't even heard about it yet.  Maybe he'll fix it, maybe he
won't.  After looking at ORBS's page and reading what they wrote, I
don't know if I'd even bother.  They seem to be a rather cocky lot
that see ORBS as their claim to power. Sad. :-(  Anyhow, hopefully
you get something worked out for your MRTG stats.  Good luck!

--
Justin Shore
K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>