[mrtg] Re: RRDTool + 14all + non-bit/byte objects

lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Jan 24 16:41:54 MET 2000

In article <811E80207409D311B6850008C7917EBB043D96C5 at pfgdsmmsg013.principal.com> you wrote:

> Anyone graphing non-byte/bit OIDs with RRDTool/14all?  I'm trying to do
> CPU graphs and they just don't quite look right.  They are a bit low
> (almost like there is other math going on).  I had to divide the OID by
> 10, specify bits, and maxbytes 100.  They look close - but still not
> correct.  Also, the percentages that are reported on the graphs are wrong
> (the % should match the value returned as I recall).  I was doing this
> before on MRTG without any problems - any ideas?

Did you have "Options[..]: gauge" set with MRTG before? mrtg/14all ignores
this setting currently. You have to set the appropriate type in the rrd
files yourself (with "rrdtune file.rrd --data-source-type ds-name:GAUGE").

If this wont work please send me your config so I can check what's wrong.

Bye ... Rainer
Rainer.Bawidamann at informatik.uni-ulm.de