[mrtg] Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH & cron errors..(SOLVED)

Demian Hanks demian at csbs.utah.edu
Tue Jan 25 22:16:04 MET 2000

After a response from Sethilvel Rangaswamy, and a closer look at
the makefile, I came up with the following options/solutions:

1) RTFM, paying close attention to the README
The readme suggests using:
./configure  --with-gd=../gd-1.7.3 --with-z=../zlib --with-png=../libpng
which I didn't realize would create a dependency on a relative path.
Absolute paths here would and did solve the problem, i.e:
./configure  --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include
--with-z-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-z-inc=/usr/loc
al/include --with-png-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-png-inc=/usr/local/include

Part of the way I figured this out was:
[jafo:/export/src/new/mrtg-2.8.9/run] {2085} /usr/bin/ldd rateup
        libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
        libpng.so.2 =>   (file not found)
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

and Sethil's suggestion listed below.

2) Another option was to sym-link libpng.so.2 to /usr/lib
    Probably not the best option, but it works.

3)
BEGIN QUOTE    "