[mrtg] Stops responding

Jim Allen jim.allen at rspn.com
Thu Jul 6 15:04:55 MEST 2000

Good morning everyone,

I have a couple of servers in my working cfg file that stop responding to
mrtg.

These two servers will answer mrtg for a couple of days, then stop
responding to the snmp get requests.  The remaining servers continue to work
correctly.  After a few days (2 to a week) these two servers will again
start responding to the snmp get requests.
I have the current versions of snmp on each of these systems (Linux 6.2 and
IRIX 6.43).
I have tried moving these servers around inside of the cfg file.  I have
also removed and re-added them.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

Jim Allen