[mrtg] Inaccurate Results

Jeroen Geusebroek Jeroen.Geusebroek at intercept.cx
Thu Jul 6 15:14:15 MEST 2000

Hi there,

I downloaded and installed mrtg-2.8.12 yesterday and i must say
it's a very nice program. I only have one problem; the results
that mrtg gives me are not accurate.

I am on a 100Mbit network, but mrtg tells me there has only been
a max of 364kb/s of traffic. This is not correct, because i was
downloading from an FTP site with 7000+kb/s for about 10 minutes.

I am also using it to monitor other NIC's for example my internet
connection. This also does not show accurate results.

What could be the problem? I am using Linux Mandrake Version 7.0-2.
SNMP deamon is: UCD-Snmp version 4.01

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Jeroen Geusebroek