[mrtg] perl question, more or less

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Tue Jun 6 17:55:48 MEST 2000

Hi everyone,

This doesn't have much to do with mrtg, but there are some pretty good perl people on the list, so I figured I'd shoot this question out to the gallery...

How do I create a filename with the date embedded into it?  Right now, I have a script that runs each night and collects the top talkers (thanks Mark!) for the previous 34 hours.  I added some stuff and it automatically creates a webpage for the information.  I would like a perl statement or option that creates a file called "20000606in.html" (today's date plus in.html) instead of just "in.html".  Any ideas?  I am sure there's something out there to do this, I just haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,

Paul Williamson
Manager of EMS
M&T Bank Corporation