[mrtg] Re: CISCO AS5200 help needed.......

Curt Gibbs curtis at roxbynet.com
Mon Jun 19 13:37:59 MEST 2000

Fellow MRTG'ers.......

     This isn't MRTG related, but I figured I could get some help from this
group as we all deal with routers/access servers for a good deal of our
working day........I have a small ISP in south Australia. I have 60 33.6
Rockwell (chipset?) modems - 48 on 2 modem cards and 12 on the E1/PRI
controller card. I want to replace theses 33.6 modems with 60 56k Mica
modems (30 each on 2 cards) and an  E1/PRI controller card that looks
identical to the one slotted with the 33.6 modem cards except that is does
not have the 12 modem card attached to it. I was told the Mica modem cards
would just slide in and start banging away without missing a step - no new
config needed - WRONG.....I keep getting 2 BUS error MESSAGES, along with
addr messages, and cannot figure out why. I put the 33.6 k's back in and
Voila! I am back in business. Is there something I need to do like update
the IOS or get extra RAM??? HELP Please.........

Regards

Curt Gibbs~

<mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 4:24 PM
Subject: [mrtg] Re: get-5200 perl script.....

> Hi Stephen,
>
> With a Cisco AS5300 system, I am monitoring the current number of busy
modems
> with the MRTG configuration shown below. If you also want to monitor the
> current logged in users on a Cisco AS5300 box, I have already modified the
> original AS5200 script. It is now working for an AS5300 system with 2
slots
> and 240 modems. In addition to displaying current users, it generates a
"Top
> 10 Hit List" based on total connection times in its 5 day history. If you
> want, I can send that script to you or anybody else from the list... Good
luck
> with AS5300 and MRTG...
>
> --
> Altug Simsek
> simseka at boun.edu.tr
>

> "Stephen D. Malenshek" wrote:
>
> > I recently starting trying to get the perl script get-as5200 to work...
> > Well I get though the point that it is polling the equipment, but it
does
> > not find any information to graph. I think that it might have something
> > do with the fact this script was written for a Cisco AS5200 and I am
using
> > it on a 5300. To me it should not matter, but I could be wrong. All I am
> > trying to graph is the number of used modem at any point in time. Has
> > anyone seen this... or have any experience in this problem.
> >

> Target[AS5300-modems]:
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.47.1.1.6.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.47.1.1.6.0:public at AS5300
> MaxBytes[AS5300-modems]: 240
> Title[AS5300-modems]: AS5300 Access Server Modem Usage
> Options[AS5300-modems]: gauge
> Legend1[AS5300-modems]: Modems in use
> Legend2[AS5300-modems]: Modems in use
> LegendI[AS5300-modems]: &nbsp; used:
> LegendO[AS5300-modems]: &nbsp; used:
> Ylegend[AS5300-modems]: Modems in use
> ShortLegend[AS5300-modems]: modems
> PageTop[AS5300-modems]: <H1>Availability Analysis for Access Server AS5300
>  <BR>Modem Usage</H1>
>  <TABLE>
>    <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>AS5300 Access Server</TD></TR>
>    <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD><TD></TD></TR>
>    <TR><TD>IP:</TD><TD>No hostname defined for IP address
(AS5300)</TD></TR>