[mrtg] Re: Graphs I and Out mix-up

alex at ergens.op.Het.Net alex at ergens.op.Het.Net
Fri Mar 10 12:02:10 MET 2000

Cyber World Internet Services wrote:

> I am using mrtg to monitor my traffic, and I have a unique problem. I know the graphs are created by reading the .log files. The problem is my .log files are being created with the data backwards

An ISP *must* know this:  internet mail is 72 chars long.
Also: RTFM

> Basically it is doing the Out first and then the In for the serial log files.

Straight from the "config.txt" file in the DOC directory:

"Sometimes you are sitting on the wrong side of the link, and you would
 like to have mrtg report Incoming traffic as outgoing and vice versa.
 This can be achieved by ... "

Sigh