[mrtg] Problems getting ifName from cfgmaker.cisco on Catalyst6506

Rod Oliver roliver at chello.com
Sun May 14 14:16:27 MEST 2000

Hi All,

I have successfully used the 'cfgmaker.cisco' script to make a configuration
file which includes port numbers on several Catalyst5500s. However with I am
singularly unsuccessful at getting it to work with a new Catalyst6506. The
output of 'cfgmaker.cisco' is just like that of 'cfgmaker', ie just the
ifIndex number and whether the interface is FastEthernet etc. No error of
any kind is reported. I am running 2.8.6 on Solaris but I am getting the
same behaviour on 2.8.12 on a Linux box. Any ideas?

Rod Oliver