[mrtg] Re: i'm confused

Brian Hechinger wonko at entropy.tmok.com
Fri Nov 3 15:53:41 MET 2000

Justin Shore drunkenly mumbled...
> You probably already checked this, but is MaxBytes or AbsMax set low?
> What SNMP daemon are you using?  I used to get weird results with UCD
> older than 4.1.x.  Might try upgrading.  You could always try
> gathering the stats by hand too and calculate your rate.  Then you
> could double check everything.

well, it's an ethernet port as far as mrtg knows, so the Max values should be
more in line with what a 10Mbps ethernet device would require (using the
configurator to generate the original mrtg.conf which i then hacked for the
other machines.

i see 7Mbps on the one other ethernet device, and 4Mbps on one of the others.

so i'm assuming that it shouldn't be a problem there.

any other ideas??

thanks!

-brian