[mrtg] SNMP Linux Problem

Nasreddine Tabet-Aoul Nasreddine.Tabet-Aoul at madgeweb.com
Wed Nov 15 17:51:25 MET 2000

Hi,

I am trying to monitor a remote machine running Linux using MRTG. When I run
the config the file I got a error messages of Nosuchname nature some OID
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8

When I run the snmpwalk, I got the following first lines:

"
system.sysDescr.0 = Linux es01 2.2.12-20smp #1 SMP Mon Sep 27 10:34:45 EDT
1999
i686
system.sysObjectID.0 = OID: enterprises.ucdavis.ucdSnmpAgent.linux
system.sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (510685) 1:25:06.85
system.sysContact.0 = Root <root at localhost> (configure
/etc/snmp/snmp.local.conf
)

"
Do I need to get something set on the LINUX machine or do I have to do
anything at the MRTG level?

Thanks

Nas.