[mrtg] Re: SNMP Linux Problem

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Thu Nov 16 06:51:42 MET 2000

ok...you can do this if it is RedHat (which it looks like it is...)

rpm -e ucd-snmp

goto http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/ and download the ucd-snmp source

install the source

create an snmpd.conf file :

#(barebones version) - another example comes with the source
com2sec local     ip.of.polling.box       community
group MyROGroup v1         local
group MyROGroup v2c        local
group MyROGroup usm        local
view all    included  .1                               80
access MyROGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    none   none
#(end barebones version)

put snmpd.conf in /etc

run : /usr/local/sbin/snmpd -c /etc/snmpd.conf

this should work (at least it does on RH, FreeBSD, Solaris, LinuxPPC, etc....)

Nasreddine Tabet-Aoul extolled:

--
Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net