[mrtg] multi-target syntax and negated subtraction

listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Wed Nov 29 19:34:18 MET 2000

Hi all.  I'm trying to do something pretty simple and it's just not
working.  I have a Cisco 2501 which has 2 serial interfaces and one
ethernet interface.  Serial0 goes to a CSU/DSU (for a T1) and Eth0 goes to
our LAN.  I want to monitor the difference between Eth0 and Serial0.  In
other words if our T1 is fully saturated but my Eth0 graph is much higher
(indicating traffic passing through it and back out onto our LAN without
touching Serial0), I want to see it.  I got it partialy working with this
target:

1:community at device - 2:community at device

That only gives me an In.  It's also not the right in because the In on
Serial is the out o Eth0 (1 is Eth0 and 2 is Serial0).  That would mean
somethign like this should work:

1:community at device - -2:community at device

That didn't though.  It gave me the same results.  What did I miss here?
Here's the output page in case you want to see it for yourself.

http://neo.pittstate.edu/stats/network/kr-2501-local-io.shtml

If you reply, please CC macdaddy at pittstate.edu.  That's my work mail,
which I'll check sooner than the account this is coming from.  Thanks!

Justin