[mrtg] Re: List abuse

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 2 22:04:30 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [mrtg] Re: List abuse:

PB> Yes, those who post before they read the available documentation are
PB> annoying, but someone usually gently points them to the document that they
PB> should have read in the first place. But is moderation the answer?

nope, it is not that bad ... see my other post ...

PB> Let's also admit [probably stepping on toes here] the documentation isn't
PB> the easiest thing to use. Yes, the information needed is written, somewhere;
PB> I have found it hard to find what I was needing. It took work to find. A lot
PB> of people find it easier to post here than dig to find the answer. Someone
PB> is usually willing to provide a gentle quick hint and pointer to the
PB> appropriate document / web site. That has been all I have needed.

if you have any more detailed information on what you found easy
and which bits you had difficulties understanding, I might be able
to do something about it. Even better would be some contributed
documentation. It is difficult for me to anticipate which elements
of MRTG are difficult to users and which are not difficult ...

tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich