[mrtg] Monitoring Cisco 2621 for packets (not bytes)

Shawn Barnhart swb at cmenoc.campbell-mithun.com
Tue Oct 10 23:17:04 MEST 2000

I'm trying to monitor a Cisco 2621 to determine its overall packet rate, ie,
how many packets get handled accross all interfaces.  I can do this easily
enough for the packets on any single interface, but I'd like to be able to
sum ALL interfaces for a graph which has the total of all of them.

However, mrtg kind of barfs on my syntax when I attempt to provide it a
summing target.  Either my syntax is wrong it doesn't like a 400 character
Target line.

I'm doing Target[foo]: IfInUcastPkts.1:community at router +
IfInNUcastPkts.1:community at router + ...

Am I missing something or is there a better OID that provides this
information?