[mrtg] Re: Interface UP/Down problems

Daniel J McDonald dmcdonald at digicontech.com
Mon Oct 16 15:07:31 MEST 2000

Yes, it is the case that 0 as a max doesn't work.  This is an accident of
perl.
 if ($$rcfg{'threshmaxi'}{$router} &&
        $$rcfg{'threshmaxi'}{$router} < $threshinval) {
        @threshinexec = ("$$rcfg{'threshprogi'}{$router}",
                         "$router", "$$rcfg{'threshmaxi'}{$router}",
                         "$threshinval");
    }

In this case, $$rcfg{'threshmaxi'}{$router} equals zero, which is
interpreted as false.  I'm not certain whether this could be changed to if
(defined $$...) instead of just the value, but the workarond is to make the
failure condition a number greater than 1.  I set up my failure condition to
be the number of missed pings, e.g.