[mrtg] InPackets less InErrorPacket

Noel Gabriel noel at tarlac.com
Tue Oct 17 03:51:12 MEST 2000

Hi to All,

Does anyone who have some idea how can I get my actual satellite consumption
on my Cisco 3640 serial port?

The setting is as follows...

I'm presently subscribing on a 4.8Mb/s satellite broadcast in which their
are about a total of 20 subscriber. The satellite is in it's simplex form,
only incoming packet no out-going. I want to how much band width do I use. I
did put my MRTG to monitor my Serial 0 but what I'm getting is the whole
broadcast of the transponder.

How can I separate my incoming packet with other packets which are not mine,
For me to know my actual consumption? Is there any OID's for this? Something
like InPackets less InErrorPacket then I guess the difference is mine.

Any information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Emmanuel "Noel" Gabriel
Systems Administrator -  MosCom Tarlac