[mrtg] Re: rateup died from signal 0

Mark Golicher mgolicher at decommunications.com
Tue Oct 17 04:16:35 MEST 2000

Isaac,

Thank you for your response.  I was able to avoid the problem by not using the snmp2 option.  This was something I thought would be nice to use and completely forgot that I made the change.  To create my mrtg.cfg I used;

./cfgmaker public at 10.31.1.1:::::2

After removing :::::2 from the target section of my mrtg.cfg file, all is well.

Thanks Again,

Mark

<<< Isaac Grover <isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu> 10/16  2:50p >>>

Greetings, Mark.

I recently ran into this same error (though it came from normal operation and
*not* an upgrade) and found that it was not the fault of mrtg, but rather a
file system corruption issue.  In my case, running fsck manually fixed the
problem temporarily, but it resurfaced after a week.  I will be porting my mrtg
machine over to FreeBSD for the more reliable internal I/O handling in the next
week or so.

I hope a simple fsck works for you.  =)

Isaac

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-4074