[mrtg] Bandwitdh Utilization Graphs

garth at liu.edu garth at liu.edu
Fri Oct 20 20:25:13 MEST 2000

I'm using MRTG 2.9.2 to monitor my Cisco Internet router. My boss wants to
have a graph that monitors Bandwidth Utilization on the Serial Interface that
goes to the internet (which by the way is a T1).
I came up with the following configuration:

workdir: /var/www/html
Options[_]: growright,
LogDir: /var/log
RunAsDaemon: Yes

Target[xyzx]: 2:public at x.x.x.x / 1930
Directory[xyzx]: Internet
MaxBytes[xyzx]: 100
Unscaled[xyzx]: dwym
YLegend[xyzx]: % Utilisation
YTics[xyzx]: 10
YTicsFactor[xyzx]: 1

the problem that i'm having is that i'm not collecting any statistics the
graphs are blank. I'm very new to MRTG if anyone can assist me with this
problem it will be greatly appreciated. If any more information is needed
please let me know...