[mrtg] Re: HP ProCurve 4000M

Steve Rowe steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Oct 20 22:52:27 MEST 2000

You don't include OIDs in the cfgmaker command line.  Just use:

./cfgmaker_ip public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

At 01:35 PM 10/20/00, you wrote:

>Hi,
>     I'm new to the list, pls. be kind :-)
>
>     We just installed the HP ProCurve 4000M onto the network today, and
>we'd
>like to be able to view the traffic going across individual ports - how
>can
>we do this with MRTG?
>
>     We obtained from HP the SysObID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.9 and have
>tried things like...
>
>     ./cfgmaker_ip 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.9:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
>     But it gives error messages like: SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr
>sysContact sysName sysLocation ifNumber sysObjectID SNMP Error: no
>response
>received
>
>     Does anyone have a sample config file that we could view, or any
>pointers as to what we're doing wrong?  Should we obtain their MIB2?
>Help!?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Jason Korkin.
>
>--
>KORKSOFT - Software & Internet Solutions
>System Integration, E-Commerce, C++/Perl/PHP/ASP
>Web hosting, Server Co-Location, Dedicated Circuits
>http://www.korksoft.com
>http://www.atworkservers.com
>Tel: (603) 672-1246 x 201
>

>--

-
\__ \      |   /                       Network Analyst - Data Systems Group
____/TEVE  |_|_\OWE               Information Technology - Sheridan College
                                     Trafalgar Campus - Oakville, ON, Canada
steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca                                         ./\.
Phone: (905)845-9430 x2032      ICQ:                            _|\|  |/|_
http://numb.sheridanc.on.ca   14509731                          \        /