[mrtg] Re: any ideas for this project?

Steve Rowe steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca
Mon Oct 23 02:50:02 MEST 2000

Check out http://www.ntop.org

At 05:59 PM 2000-10-22 , you wrote:

>I have a T1 (2 actually) and would like to use MRTG to do a breakdown of the
>most popular Internet Traffic.  (http, ftp, napster, smtp, dns, real audio,
>other....)  There currently is a (hardware) firewall in place which does NOT
>do any SNMP or other reporting which I can access.  (It does produce a
>report but is kind of lame and not easy to access.)
>
>Any suggestions???
>
>Maybe using a pass through Server to collect info?  I prefer NT but could
>use another popular freeware OS.  :-)
>
>Of course, if I could just grab a already available product, I would be
>happy.
>
>We have a Wellfleet router on one and a Cisco on the other...
>
>Jim Hunt, MCSE
>
>--

-
\__ \      |   /                       Network Analyst - Data Systems Group
____/TEVE  |_|_\OWE               Information Technology - Sheridan College
                                     Trafalgar Campus - Oakville, ON, Canada
steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca                                         ./\.
Phone: (905)845-9430 x2032      ICQ:                            _|\|  |/|_
http://numb.sheridanc.on.ca   14509731                          \        /