[mrtg] Novell GroupWise MTA Messages

Chad Eddings chad.eddings at ofumic.com
Tue Oct 24 17:08:21 MEST 2000

I'm trying to monitor the number of messages routed on a Novell GroupWise system. I've been using the correct OID, as I can do a snmpget and return the correct number of messages routed. The first line of the MRTG log file even shows the correct number. However, the remaining lines in the MRTG log are just zeros. I'm sure it is something simple I've missed in the config file. The number I'm polling is not a "gauge" or "absolute" option, it does increment.

Here is a copy of the config file, of course:

WorkDir: /home/httpd/html/stats/chad

Target[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.23.2.37.1.1.1.9.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.23.2.37.1.1.1.9.1:public@
ofugw.ofumic.com
MaxBytes[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: 1250000
Options[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: integer,nopercent,growright
YLegend[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
ShortLegend[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
#Legend1[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
LegendI[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
LegendO[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]:
Title[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: MTA Messages Routed on OFUGW
PageTop[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: <H1>MTA Messages Routed on OFUGW</H1>
  <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:<TD><TD>ofugw</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:<TD><TD>Technical Services</TD></TR>
  </TABLE>

TIA for any help you can provide...