[mrtg] Bizarre behavior with non-snmp targets

Webb Sprague wsprague at o1.com
Thu Oct 26 22:46:51 MEST 2000

Hi all,

I am trying to run mrtg that fires off a script that queries a database
for a "count(*)" query.  Unfortunately, the images won't update, nor will
the little info things underneath the graph (like max users, etc).  The
images lapse into default, but the titles etc do get updated.  What is
even weirder is that if I install a dummy script (basically just `print
"100\n0\n0\n0\n" '), it works for a little while and then stops working.

I had thought it was in the daemon stuff, but I don't think so.

Does mrtg look for logs in strange places that I am unaware of?  I delete
the png's, the logs, and the html every time before I start trying to test
again.

Does anybody know where to start looking in the perl code for the
interpreter for non-snmp scripts.  We could disable the snmp stuff
completely for this application here.

Thanks for the help.  I don't think I can add much to the code, but if I
do, I promise to send patches (though they will probably just make things
worse...;)

--
Webb Sprague
Programmer