[mrtg] Strange behavior from MRTG

danellis at rushmore.com danellis at rushmore.com
Tue Oct 31 15:44:52 MET 2000

I am wondering if anyone has seen this behavior from mrtg.  I am currently
graphing the transmit and snr levels for a few cable modems.  MRTG seems to do
a hit and miss with these.  It is like mrtg decides to not grab the values for
hours at a time.  I am currently cron'ing three different cfg files, and the
other two (our cmts's and router, and some other items) they work fine.  I
wrote a perl script to constantly check the modems manually, and I haven't seen
an error yet.  MRTG (read: the way I conf'g it) must be doing something funky.
Has anyone else seen this?  Should I just dump all the cfg's to one big
monlithic file?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Dan