[mrtg] Re: Mibs

Keith Olmstead kolmstea at centurytel.net
Wed Sep 27 17:52:28 MEST 2000

Jim,

Here is a sample config that I use to graph port usage on the Redback:

WorkDir: /home/httpd/html/htmdir/
WithPeak[^]: ymw

Title[rb.xx]: Port Usage - Whereever, US
PageTop[rb.xx]: <H1>Port Usage - Whereever, US</H1>
MaxBytes[rb.xx]: 2000
AbsMax[rb.xx]: 2000
Options[rb.xx]: absolute, gauge
Target[rb.xx]: `/opt/mrtg/rb.sc rb.xx`
RouterUptime[rb.xx]: comunity at rb.xx
YLegend[rb.xx]: PPP Sessions in use
ShortLegend[rb.xx]: PPP Sessions Online
Legend1[rb.xx]:
Legend2[rb.xx]: Avg PPP Sessions Online
Legend3[rb.xx]:
Legend4[rb.xx]: Maximal PPP Sessions Online
LegendI[rb.xx]:
LegendO[rb.xx]: &nbsp;Total:
#Unscaled[rb.xx]: mwdy

The rb.sc file is a script that does an snmpwalk on ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.
This can be pretty much anything, those are the ones that I need.

This is running off an older version of MRTG, it should work with the newer
one, but have not tried.

Keith Olmstead
Network Engineer/Analyst
CenturyTel Internet Services