[mrtg] installation problems

Julien Borne julien.borne at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Mon Apr 2 15:34:45 MEST 2001

Damn!

I'm trying to install mrtg under solaris 2.5, i've downloaded all the
files required (gcc, perl, gd, libpng...). But there are no hints on how
I can install gcc & perl in the mrtg's installation docs. So how can I
do this ? (safely, because I managed to put gcc on the machine by
copying it from another one, but..)
Another problem is that when I try to configure zlib (./configure), here
is what I get:

# ./configure
Checking for gcc...
Building static library libz.a version 1.1.3 with cc.
Checking for unistd.h... No.
Checking for errno.h...  No.
Checking for mmap support... No.

and then, indeed, by using 'make':

# make
cc -fast -xcg89 -DNO_ERRNO_H   -c example.c
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
make: *** [example.o] Error 1

Is that because my installation of gcc is just a copy?
What command may I add, knowing that the missing files are there:

./usr/include/sys/errno.h
./usr/include/errno.h

Thanks for any answer!

Julien