[mrtg] Getting old data into new stats

Keith Olmstead kolmstea at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 8 18:21:47 MEST 2001

Ok,

Now that I have the new stats working with some basic config, I am now
needing to know what would be the simplest way to get my old mrtg data to
my new stats box.  I guess this is more of a suggestion question than anything.

Here is my situation..
I have one old box that has been monitoring our routers and what not for
years and I am needing to get the past data from that box to a new
box.  The old box is running mrtg and has thousands of log files and html
and whatnot from years of monitoring.  My new box is running the latest
version of mrtg with rrdtool and 14all.cfg.

What would the be the best solution for getting the old data in .log and
.old format on the old stats box to .rrd format on the new box.  Has anyone
done this before?  If so what solution did you use?  How did you get your
old data to your box.

I was think of converting the old data to .rrd format and then just scp
that to my new box.  Is this a viable solution?

Any suggestions would be helpful,

Keith Olmstead
CenturyTel Network