[mrtg] Re: config cfgmaker

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Thu Feb 1 18:57:16 MET 2001

First thing you need to do is find out if the community string you are using is correct.  I really doubt it is 'community'.  It's most likely 'public'.  If that doesn't get a successful response, ask comcast.

Paul

>>> <eileen at orbell.com> 02/01/01 12:46PM >>>

I am new to this group and mrtg.  I have a cable modem connection at homea
 nd am running mrtg on a debian box.  I seem to have problems configuringc
 fgmaker to my router which is provided by comcast.
this seems to be the error

SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr sysContact sysName sysLocation ifNumber
sysObjectID on community at 24.6.106.1
SNMP Error:

Any ideas or suggestions?  As I said am I knew to this.

Regards

Eileen Orbell
Software & Internet Applications
Capitol College
mailto:eileen at orbell.com
mailto:eileen at orbell.net
This is Linux Country. On a quiet night you can hear Windows 98 reboot!"