[mrtg] User Stats on 5300 ?

Paul Raj Khangure prk at infobahn.com.au
Mon Jan 29 09:40:03 MET 2001

Greetings.

I'm having a problem with mrtg polling a cisco 5300 for user traffic
stats for permanently connected clients with static IPs.

I've searched through the mailing list archive, but haven't had any
luck.

Currently we are running version 2.9 of mrtg.

I have targets along the lines of:

Target[username]: a.b.c.d:comstring at per-qv1-nas01.infobahn.com.au
MaxBytes[username]: 8000
Title[username]: Traffic Analysis
PageTop[username]: <H1>Stats for Username</H1>
Options[username]: bits, noinfo, growright
Directory[username]: Username
TimeZone[username]: GMT-8

a.b.c.d is the client's static IP address.

This works fine for modem clients, but fails for ISDN clients, returning
no data.

Out of curiousity, I installed mrtg 2.9.7 on another machine, and it
won't even understand the above target. (Nor does it work putting a / in
front of the client's IP address).

Does anyone use mrtg to graph client's traffic stats (input and output
octets) (both modem and ISDN) on a 5300?

Can anyone offer ideas for the syntax required, either under 2.9 or
2.9.7 ?

Much appreciated.

Paul Raj Khangure

--

Senior Network Engineer.               Internet Infobahn.
Phone: +61 8 9226 1011.             Fax: +61 8 9226 1012.