[mrtg] I don't understand this SNMP error. Can someone please help?

Daniel.Curry at tsola.com Daniel.Curry at tsola.com
Mon Jan 29 21:37:49 MET 2001

I get this output when I run mrtg against a new cfg file.

<SNIP>
SNMP Error:
receiving response PDU: Connection refused
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "broker" [216.52.8.120].161)
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 146106075
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.9 ifOutOctets.9 sysUptime sysName on
public at broker
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found broker.memorypagespersec's log file
was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 980487600.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup could not read the
primary log file for broker.memorypagespersec
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup found broker.memorypagespersec's log file
was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 980487600.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg/bin/rateup The backup log file for
broker.memorypagespersec was invalid as well
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'broker.memorypagespersec'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1
</SNIP>

Any ideas?

I can browse the mibs on this machine from my NT station, but not from MRTG
on Linux.  I would appreciate some pointers?  I have other cfg files that
are working fine against this machine from the same linux box.

Thanks

Daniel Curry
dcurry at tsola.com