[mrtg] scaled problems

Michael Zhao mzhao at everlastingsystems.com
Mon Jul 16 09:07:38 MEST 2001

Hi , all

My situation and devices.

I install mrtg 2.9.17 on redhat 7.1 (snmp manager)and want get the
real-time tarffic graphic from my Cisco 2600 router ( snmp agent )
serial0/1 port ( it is linked to my ISP with 25 6K DDN). Between these
two machines , there is one Checkpoint firewal .
- I create a readonly comminity named public on Router .
- My mrtg.cfg file is as following :
    MaxBytes[s0/1 IP ]: 256000
    Absmax[s0/1 IP]: 256000
    Unscaled[s0/1 IP]: dwmy

I have seval questions about the cfgmaker command .
1.  Why I cant use " public at ethernet IP " , but "public at s0/1 IP " can
work
2.  After run the cfgmaker , the file mrtg.cfg it created always shows
me
     MaxBytes [s0/1 IP]: 193000
3 . All of the four png graphices killed the traffic more than 32K .

Who meet the same problems , could you help me to resolv?

Thanks

Michael  (one mrtg new user)