[mrtg] installing on SPARCstation 5?

David Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Mon Jul 16 12:28:31 MEST 2001

Hiya

I'm not a Unix guru at all, and have been running MRTG on a Windows
95 box for about a year now.   That box has had to be moved to a new
use and I have a spare SPARCstation 5 I can use for MRTG.

It's running Solaris 2.4

Now, I'll probably need to update/install perl (I was using
ActivePerl on the Windows box), and then mrtg itself. I need tips and
instructions on this process, I only know the most basic of basic
things on using this machine, but am wanting to learn, and the best
way to learn is to get something installed and working  (-:

thanks

--
       David Forsyth
Principal Technical Officer  -- Institute for Water Research