[mrtg] Re: oid's for Cisco and Sun servers

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Wed Mar 7 15:43:25 MET 2001

For Cisco, you would need to be more specific as to what you want to monitor. You can find the MIBs for most anything from the Cisco ftp site. Let me know what you want to monitor and I should be able to point you in the right direction.

As for SUN, take a look at net-snmp (formerly ucd-snmp) first (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/). Then, look at http://netophilia.net/linux-oids.html for a small sampling of what you can monitor. This is a very small sampling, but should get you started (even though these say linux OIDs, they have worked on SUN for me in the past).

Vasudeva Venkateshaiah extolled:

> Hi..
>
> I am new to the list and installed MRTG on a SUN machine y'day. I am able to
> get graphs for only a single machine. If I edit the mrtg.cfg file for
> additional machines, I don't get a graph. Also, I would like to know the
> source from where I get the OID's for Cisco Equipments and Sun servers. I
> went thro' the archives of the mailing list and couldn't find it properly.
> The documentation for MRTG on the website does not seem to be in order and
> how should I go abt after my initial installation of the MRTG.
>
> Any inputs how to configure the mrtg further would be of great help.
>
> Regards
>

> --

Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net