[mrtg] Timeout

Omar Abas abas at tig.com.au
Thu May 3 21:58:00 MEST 2001

Hi,

I have a problem whereby when a router/swtich goes down the rest of the mrtg cfg files in my include file wont get polled. Details below.

I found this in the MRTG Reference documnetation
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html#snmpoptions

There is a retry option and timeout option plus many more. I was thinking about using both timeout and retries in my include files. Will this alleviate my problem?

also what does the backoff function do in snmpoptions?

thanks

My MRTG/RRDtool/14all.cgi setup works fine on my RH 7.1 (2.4) box, however if a
switch or router goes down, MRTG will keep polling the device. By doing this it
stops the other devices from being polled.

eg.

forks: 25

include: router1.cfg
include: router2.cfg
include: router3.cfg
.
.
.
include: routerX.cfg

If for some reason router 2 dies, router 3-X wont get polled!

Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks in advance

Specs

Red Hat Linux 7.1 (2.4 Kernel)