[mrtg] Problem with daemon

Huie, Steve HUIE at FinancialTech.com
Wed May 9 16:27:49 MEST 2001

I'm a first time user of this forum.  I have a problem trying to create new
files from my mrtg.cfg file.  When I update the mrtg.cfg file the html pages
for the new IP address does not create itself.  I am able to stop the MRTG
service from running, however, I cannot stop Perl.exe from running.  When I
go to Task Manager to "End Process," I get an error saying "Access is
denied."  Then, I try to manually run mrtg from command prompt
(c:\mrtg-2.9.2\bin> perl mrtg mrtg.cfg).  I get an error saying:

"ERROR: I guess another MRTG is running.  A lockfile (mrtg.cfg_l) aged 88787
seconds is hanging around and I can't remove it becuase another process is
still using it. at mrtg line 1150."

Does anyone know what this message is saying?
What other process is using MRTG?
If I go to Task Manager, can I manually end this other process?

Currently, I'm running MRTG version 2.9.2.  I'm using Srvany.exe to run MRTG
as a service and I have "Runasdaemon: yes" on my mrtg.cfg file.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.