[mrtg] MRTG and RRDtool: How can I make sure?

George Nease George.Nease at dig.com
Thu May 10 21:50:56 MEST 2001

MRTG comrades,
I'm a lurker who reads every posting but rarely posts. Recently I worked up
my courage and converted (I think) from NT MRTG 2.9.12 "regular" to 2.9.12
with rrdtool/14all.cgi... using the steps in

http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/rrdtool.htm
.

Everything seemed to go OK, and I proudly announced to the customers that
the choppy wrapped charts were a thing of the past. And they really seemed
to be, for about 2 days, after which they returned to constant choppiness.
Which leads me to this naive question:

How can I make sure that MRTG is really paying attention to the

# Modify Logfiles (*.log) to RRD format (*.rrd)
LogFormat: rrdtool
# RRD Executable (rrdtool.exe) location
PathAdd: d:\apps\rrdtool\perl-shared/t
# RRD Perl module (RRDs.pm) location